Due to popular demand after posting a pic of our latest baking; we are posting the recipe for some rawginger snap treats! Now we aren’t full-blown raw munchers but we try to incorporate it as much as we can into our diet. While baking these, I realized why baking raw is so RAWESOME…
- Having perfectly symmetrical sized balls on a cookie sheet is no longer a stressors. Since you aren’t chucking your bites in the oven, there is no worry for making them all the same size.
- That well known quote we all remember being told as a kid, “Don’t you eat that batter….you’ll get Salmonella!!” is thrown out the window with raw vegan baking. No eggs, no problem! So chow away at that batter because that is pretty much your final product anyways:)
- On that note, there is no bake time or in other words no wait time. No more tantalizing yourself in front of the oven window as the aroma of muffins slowly seeps out, filling the air around you for 25 minutes as your cookies bake.
Now for the most important part, here is the recipe!
RAW GINGER SNAPS (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
Ginger Snap Ingredients
1 tablespoon unsulphured organic molasses
sesame seeds, shredded coconut, and cinnamon (for rolling)
- Place oats and almonds in food processor – blend until a fairly fine consistency
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt – blend
- Add dates and rest of ingredients – blend until dough like consistency.
- Roll into 1 inch, 2 inch, 1.34 inch, 0.5 inch, etc. (Like I said, with raw baking it doesn’t matter if they are all the same size or what size they are.)
- Roll in sesame seeds, shredded coconut, or cinnamon or ALL 3!
- Place in air-tight container (we use parchment paper to layer in one container) and refrigerate or eat right away
Give these a shot, they are incredibly easy and we’re able to whip them up in less than 10 minutes! Great healthy treat for on the go. ENJOY 🙂
-Mel and Jon
p.s. If you have any killer raw/vegan/gluten-free baking recipes, fire them our way…we love trying out news recipes!