Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Banana Protein Muffins
– makes 12 muffins
– adapted from recipes by Healthy Girl’s Kitchen
1 cup spelt flour (we used BROWN RICE flour)
1/3 cup coconut flour (of any other gluten-free flour you might have)
2 scoops of Prairie Naturals Organic Sprouted Ancient Grains Protein in Vanilla Creme
1/4 cup sucanat or cane sugar or 2 Tbsp maple syrup (add more if you like sweeter muffins as with this amt., they are not very sweet whatsoever….which we prefer)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 medium very ripe banana, mashed well
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or other non-dairy milk
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
– Mix all dry ingredients in big bowl.
– Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl.
– Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just mixed (do NOT over-mix! Doing so will make your muffins “tough”/rubbery)
– In a lined muffin tin or muffin tin sprayed with nonstick spray, spoon batter into each cup until about 2/3 full.
– Can garnish with pumpkin seeds on top, then pop in the oven.
– Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
– Let muffins cool once done and ENJOY!
Note: if you want to save some for later (which would require massive Will Power), you can freeze some in a Ziploc bag and they’ll stay good for weeks 🙂