Athletic Supplement Product Review – Biosteel Sport Drink
I was lucky enough yesterday to try out one of Biosteel’s products. Jon and I were sent some samples of the Biosteel classic athletic sports drink mix to give a trial run during my workouts. The small single pack sizes contain B vitamin complexes, which are great for energy maintenance. In the ingredients list is also a multiple amino acids (L-Leucine, L-IsoLeucine, Glycine, Taurine, L-Glutamine, L-Valine). And lastly, Biosteel contains an organic mineral matrix and other ingredients like celtic sea salt, deliver a hit of electrolytes. I had a tough interval run lined up and then was headed to the rock climbing wall immediately after so needed all the help I could get to keep my energy and electrolyte levels up. I put one Biosteel packet in roughly 750 ml of water. About 15 minutes before I started drinking the mix and was done at the finish of my run. Here’s some of the pros and cons I found with the product…
– Single packets make it easy to throw in packs and bring on runs/races
– ORGANIC mineral matrix! Can’t say I’ve ever seen a completely organic mineral blend before, or at least in any performance drink mix I’ve ever tried.
– Awesome taste! Has a berry/bubblegum taste but not so overpowering that it becomes sickening
– Great for people like me who are not fans of carbonated mineral/electrolyte supplements (ie. Nuun)
– Vegan friendly amino acid blend and gluten-free for those concerned about that
– Mixes readily in water…no residue left over and didn’t stain my water bottle
– There are no artificial colours, they solely use red beet powder
– Doesn’t offer a significant amount of calories, carbohydrates or fats so could not be a sufficient primary source for energy intake during an ultra
– Does contain an artificial sweetener (sucralose)
– Almost TOO good in taste haha…had to restrain myself from drinking the whole bottle before I even started my run
“I would definitely use Biosteel again!”
The taste won me over the most; it helped me increase my water intake since it was more appealing to me than plain water. Try it out for yourself, get your Biosteel Performance Sports Drink
And be sure to visit out Product Review Page to see what other kinds of supplements or gear we use!